Responsibilities of Dept of Sainik Welfare / Rajya Sainik Board
The Departments of Sainik Welfare / Rajya Sainik Boards in the States / UTs are responsible for the following functions:
- Control and Coordinate the work of ZSW Offices in the State and ensure their effective functioning.
- Maintain liaison with Ministries of the State, State undertaking and enterprises and Banks to seek vacancies for Ex-Servicemen and widows as per reservation policy of the State and as per recruitment rules, monitor such vacancies and ensure Ex-Servicemen
or widows fill these up, and have the policy on reservation for ESM in the State amended in conformity with that of Centre. They ensure that ESM are given due place in the 100 point roster prepared by States / UTs in accordance with their reservation policy
and be a member of the Subordinate Selection Board of the State to ensure above.
- Promoting measures for the welfare and resettlement of Ex-Servicemen and families of serving / deceased personnel of the Armed Forces.
- Disseminating information to the general public regarding the Armed Forces in the country and for taking measures to enhance interest in Armed Forces amongst general public.
- Administering the Zila Sainik Welfare Offices in the State in accordance with the rules and instructions prescribed by the Central and State Govts including annual inspections. In coordination with the administration of the State, ensure that vacancies
of ZSWO and their staff are filled on occurrence.
- Carry out any duty assigned by Secretary, KSB.
- Submit papers to KSB for claiming 50 percent expenditure for establishment expenditure of Department of Sainik Welfare / RSB and ZSWO / ZSBs of the State.
- Maintain up to date statistics of ESM, disabled ESM, widows and dependents and families of serving defence personnel under the heads pensioners and non pensioners both for ESM and widows.
- Ensure timely submission of reports and returns to KSB.
- Organize annual RSB meeting under Chairmanship of Governor / Chief Minister and Amalgamated Special Fund meeting under chairmanship of Governor of the State. At these meetings a review is made of the welfare and rehabilitation measures, fresh policies formulated
- Seek and monitor employment opportunities for ESM and widows in the private sector.
- Assist ESM and widows in planning and funding of self-employment ventures.
- Organize Armed Forces Flag Day Fund committee meetings in order to fix targets for various State and voluntary agencies to enhance collection drive throughout the year. Maintain the Amalgamated Special Fund and institute welfare schemes in the State from
these funds as per decisions of the Management Committee of these funds.
- Undertake additional welfare measures for Ex-Servicemen and widows. Give wide publicity to welfare measures being undertaken by the Deptt through the media.
- Hold Ex-Servicemen rallies and pension Adalats to propagate various concessions being extended and settle on the spot functional and other problems projected by Ex-Servicemen and their dependents.
- Report to DGR/Secy KSB on the Ex-Servicemen training being conducted in respective states and make suggestions with regard to changes in courses commensurate with changing trends.
- Conduct Annual Inspection of the ZSBs and submit report to the DCs, Chief Secretary, KSB.
- Ensure that only, ESM are employed in the RSBs / ZSBs to qualify for the 50% Central share towards pay and allowances. Employment of civilian employees must be undertaken with the prior approval of the KSB / MoD.
- Establish e-mail connectivity with ZSBs / RSBs and KSB.
- Conduct Zonal Meetings of the zones as nominated by KSB.