FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR DAUGHTER'S MARRIAGE/WIDOWS REMARRIAGE
This scheme provides financial assistance to Pensioner/Non-Pensioner Ex-Servicemen (ESM) up to the rank of Havildar or equivalent in the Navy/Air Force. The scheme was started in way back in the year 1981 with an amount of Rs 3,000/- per daughter. This was
earlier revised in May 2007 to Rs 16,000/- per head and applicable up to two daughters. Thereafter it has been recommended in 16 Jul 2015 that wef01 Apr 2016 Marriage Grant in r/o ESM/widows is enhanced from Rs 16,000/-
per daughter toRs 50,000/- per daughter (max upto two daughters) whose daughter’s marriages are solemnized after 01 Apr 2016.
The aim of this aid gratis is to provide financial assistance to ESM or widows up to the rank of Havildar for marriage of their daughters and remarriage of widows.
Paid out of AFFDF is provided for marriage of daughters of an eligible ESM or widow, at a rate of Rs 50,000/- per daughter/widow whose marriage is solemnized after 01 Apr 2016.
The following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Applicant must be an ESM or his widow.
- Should be of rank Havildar & below.
- The daughter should be above 18 years of age.
- Should be recommended by respective ZSB.
- Should not have obtained any financial grant for this purpose from State/Service.
ESM/widows/dependents online register themselves on KSB web site:
www.ksb.gov.in and then apply online for the marriage grant. All the documents mentioned below must be scanned and uploaded with the application form.
- Discharge Book/Document (must have entry regarding daughter).
- Proof of Age of the daughter.
- Proof of Marriage - Certificate from Registrar/Village Sarpanch.
- A Certificate from Applicant that he/she has not taken any money / assistance / grant from respective State Govt / Services towards the daughter's marriage.
- Details of Bank A/c No (in PNB/SBI only) ie IFS Code, Account Number, and name of bank.
- Copy of Aadhar Card of the applicant ESM/widow/dependent.
Channel of Application
ESM/widows/dependents register themselves online on the web site:
www.ksb.gov.in and then select the scheme, fill the online form for marriage grant and submits the same. The application then reaches online to the respective ZSB. The ZSW staff verifies the application after giving an appointment to the applicant. ZSB
Officer recommends the case and forwards the same to RSB where Secretary RSB recommed the case, which finally reaches KSB..
Processing at KSB Sectt
Once the application reaches KSB Sectt . The Staff and Officer at KSB after due checks approve the application. Approved applications are then then forwarded for payments via NEFT through Account’s section of KSB Sectt.
After approval of the cases, the approved cases will be processed for payment via NEFT by the Accounts section of KSB Sectt.
Fresh online application is required to be filled for marriage grant for second daughter (if any) as per the above procedure within one year of the date of marriage.