Charter of Duty of KSB
The Charter of Duties of KSB Secretariat are listed below:
- Organize and conduct following:
- The meeting of KSB and Dir / Secy RSBs.
- Annual Meeting of Management Committee of the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund.
- Periodic meetings of the Executive Committee of the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund.
- Progressing implementation of the decisions taken with concerned agencies.
- Provide policy directive, as approved by the MoD, to Depts of Sainik Welfare in States / UTs on matters of welfare of Ex-Servicemen.
- Monitor and guide the Depts of Sainik Welfare in the States in their functioning as per guidelines laid down by KSB / Ministry of Defence.
- Provide budgetary support for establishment and maintenance costs of Depts of Sainik Welfare and Zila Sainik Welfare Offices to States / UTs.
- Attend as member of the Selection Committee convened invariably under the Chief Secretary of the State for selection of Director, Dept of Sainik Welfare / Secretary RSB and Zila Sainik Welfare Officer / Secretary ZSB convened one month prior to the post
- Inspect the Department of Sainik Welfare of States / UTs each year and report on their functioning to State Govt / MoD.
- Attend Rajya Sainik Board and Amalgamated Fund Meeting in States as special invitee.
- Administer Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF).
- Deal with redressal and queries related to welfare of Ex-Servicemen and families of deceased service personnel.
- Operate the Scheme for allotment of Medical, Dental and Engineering seats under Ministry of Defence quota.
- Organize and conduct ‘Armed Forces Flag Day Collections’ at Central Govt. Depts located at Delhi.
- Provide flags, posters and publicity material for conduct of the AFFD in States / UTs and Indian Missions abroad.
- Provide through National Defence Fund periodic augmentation of corpus of Amalgamated Special Fund of the States.
- Operation of centrally sponsored schemes such as RMEWF (Raksha Mantri Discretionary Fund) and others.
- Issue I-Card for availing Rail Travel Concession to War Widows and to ESM in special cases.
- Process grants through Defence Ministers Appellate Committee on Pension (DMACP) for Ex-Servicemen in penury.
- Operate the PM Scholarship Scheme.
- Provide financial assistance to paraplegic homes at PRC Kirkee & Mohali, 35 War Memorial Hostels, Cheshire Homes and various institutes and visit them to check its proper distribution.
- Advise on the correct investment of the Amalgamated Fund by the RSBs of the States / UTs.
- Inspect ZSBs at random to check their functioning and effectiveness.